COVID-19 General Information
At Learning Jungle, your child’s health and safety is our priority.
We wish you and your family good health during this unprecedented time.
Extra Measures for Learning Jungle Facilities
- All staff and children will be required to increase frequency of personal hygiene including washing hands immediately upon arrival at our facilities and frequently throughout the day.
- Social distancing with young children can be challenging, however, educators will conduct programming two metres apart and child gatherings will be reduced to smaller numbers (eg. Meal times, classroom activities, outdoor play, etc.)
- There will be no cross-over of children and staff between classrooms.
- Staff will increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces, toys and high-touch areas throughout the day.
- Any toys that cannot be cleaned and sanitized will be removed from our programming.
- Staff will regularly monitor each child’s temperature during the day. If a child is exhibiting symptoms while in our facilities, staff will isolate child immediately in a separate area. Parents will be contacted and advised to seek professional medical advice immediately.
- Staff are required to wear medical face masks and eye protection indoors (eg. face shield).
- Mask requirements for children vary depending on age group. Please refer to table below:
|Under 4 years||No mask required|
|4 years – 9 years||Masks are encouraged|
|Above 9 years||Non-medical or cloth mask mandatory|
As a Reminder to Families
- Please practice good hygiene by washing hands with soap and warm water throughly for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- If hand washing is unavailable, use hand sanitizer after contact with highly touched areas (eg. door handles, public transit, etc.).
- Cover a cough or sneeze with your elbow or tissue. Dispose of tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth) with your hands.
- Avoid handshaking.
- Keep a comfortable distance from others.
- If you display flu-like symptoms (such as fever, tiredness, cough, shortness of break), please self isolate and call your local health officials for professional medical advice.
- WHO – Coronavirus Situational Reports
- WHO – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak – ENG | FRE
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – ENG | FRE
last updated: 08/21