Paper Chain Advent Calendar
Math & Sciences
Countdown the days! This activity will help develop your child’s fine-motor skills and generate enthusiasm for the festivities to come.
- Coloured construction paper (feel free to adapt and customize colours to express your special day)
- Pen or pencil
- Marker pen
- Sticky tape
- Discuss with your child, how many days ahead you would like to count down to your special day.
- Create a link for each day you would like to countdown by tracing and cutting 2″ wide strips (lengthwise) of construction paper.
- Decide what special shape best represents your special day. This will be at the top of your calendar.
- Write a special message to your child behind the special shape. This will be the surprise your child receives once they reach the end of the countdown.
- Use your stapler to turn the paper strips into closed links; interlocking each link to create a chain.
Let the countdown begin
- Ensure your calendar is positioned at a reasonable height, this will make it easier for your child to remove the higher links.
- Remove one link each day. You can tear the link by hand or cut using scissors.
- When you reach your special day, remove the final link with the advent calendar topper to reveal the hidden message on the back.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.