Alphabet Case Match
Language & Literacy
2.5 – 4 years
Learning ABCs. This activity is a fun way for your child to develop speech and language skills while practicing their comprehension of the alphabet.
- Piece of cardboard
- 26 clothespins
- Stickers of each uppercase letter (optional)
Prepare the Activity
- Cut the cardboard into a rectangular shape and place it on a table.
- Using a marker (or alphabet stickers) align the upper case letters of the alphabet in order on the outer edge of the board.
- Mark each clothespin with the lower case of each letter of the alphabet.
Participating in the Activity
Encourage your child to match the uppercase letters to the lowercase letters.
It’s ok if your child does not go in order of the alphabet or is unable to complete the activity. Encourage them to match the ones they know and assist them when needed.
Increase the Fun
Create sight words for them to use on the clothespin for more of a challenge. Encourage them to sound out each letter.
At Learning Jungle, we believe all children are capable, confident and full of potential. Co-learning empowers your child to take initiative. Encouraging child participation and engaging in open-ended, thought-provoking conversation throughout play is important for healthy child development.
Conversations with your child
- Let’s sing the alphabet together
- Can you find the letters in your name?
- Where is the letter ____?
- How does a clothespin work?
- Can you write out your name?
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.