Let’s get moving! Time get active and use large muscle groups. The activity requires little resources and is great for developing balance, core strength, and spatial awareness.
- 15-30 sheets of paper
- Non-toxic finger paint OR coloured pens, pencils, or crayons
- Masking tape
This activity can be enjoyed inside or outside of the home.
- To create a tile, trace around one hand or one foot on a piece of paper. Be sure to have a variety of both right and left. (Use finger paint to create imprints as an alternative method)
- Once all your tiles are complete, tape three prints in a row on the ground.
- Continue until all your tiles are taped down. Feel free to be creative with the number of rows and hand/foot configurations to challenge your child.
Time to play
- The goal is to crawl across each row by placing your hand or foot as indicated on the tiles. You must be touching all three tiles at the same time before you are able to continue to the next row.
- Continue progressing up each row until you reach the top without losing balance or making the wrong move. The more tiles you have, the more challenging the exercise will be.
Be sure to stay low to the ground and follow the different combinations. This game can be endless fun by reconfiguring the tiles.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 28 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.