Twist and turn! Balloon Dodge is great for stirring up excitement and will help develop your child’s bilateral coordination, sequencing, and memory skills.
- 10 to 12 balloons
- Crepe streamers (string or ribbon can be used as an alternative)
- Sticky tape
This activity works best when performed in a narrow hallway.
- Cut 10 to 12 strips of crepe streamers at different lengths (between 2 and 4 metres).
- Inflate your balloons and attach one end of a steamer to a balloon with sticky tape.
- Stick the opposite end of your streamers/balloons to the ceiling, ensuring sufficient space for your child to manoeuvre through.
- Adapt the complexity of the activity to match your child’s age and physical ability, this can be achieved by simply increasing or decreasing the width between the balloons.
Time to play
- Encourage your child to turn, twist, and duck when maneuvering through the balloons. The goal is to maneuver from one side to the other without touching the balloons.
- Aim to make the activity challenging enough so that your child can’t simply walk the entire length, but easy enough for them to complete without constantly touching the balloons and becoming frustrated.
- Continue to rearrange the balloons into new patterns… Remember, don’t touch the balloons.
Increase the fun
Include some of your child’s favourite toys and have your child collect as much of them as possible before making it safely to the other side.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 35 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.