Math & Sciences
Blast-off! Balloon rockets offer a wonderful hands-on opportunity to learn about important science concepts, such as energy, thrust, trajectory, and velocity.
- String (about 5 metres)
- Drinking straw
- Sticky tape
- Coloured pens (optional)
- Thread the string through the straw.
- Tie each end of the string to a safe support structure in the room (eg. two chairs, door knobs, etc.)
- Blow up the balloon and pinch the opening with the clothespin (don’t tie it).
- Tape the balloon to the straw with sticky tape, use 2 pieces of tape to ensure the balloon is thoroughly secured.
Ready for lift-off
- Perform a countdown and release the clothespin, watch as the balloon rockets across the room.
- Inflate and repeat as many times as you’d like; try experimenting with different volumes of air.
- You can also decorate your balloon rocket by drawing pictures on it.
Increase the Fun
Add some healthy competition by making multiple balloon rockets and invite family and friends for a balloon rocket race.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 28 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.