Build a Fort
Ages: 6 months+
Let’s build a fort! Building a fort is a great way to engage with your child in imaginative play. As they bend and crawl in and out of the fort, they will develop balance, coordination, and gross-motor skills while experiencing a sense of security and safety.
Build a Fort Ideas
- Furniture (e.g. couch, table, chairs)
- Pillows/Couch cushions
- Flashlights/Night lights
- Christmas (fairy) lights (Optional)
- Clothes pins (Optional)
- Build your fort using a variety of furniture pieces, leaving one unrestricted entrance way.
- Try not to build your fort too high. This will allow your child to bend and crawl, developing large muscle groups.
- Use clothes pins or tie sheets/blankets together to act as walls and a roof for your fort.
- Pillows and couch cushions can reinforce your fort and provides comfortable flooring.
- Make your fort extra cozy by draping Christmas lights inside.
SAFETY FIRST – Always check the room to make sure sharp objects and harmful items are put away (i.e. cords from lamps, glass objects on tables, loose items that may fall or topple over, etc.)
Increase the fun
Now that your fort is successfully constructed, why not invite the rest of the family for snacks and story time?
We would love to meet you
We currently have 35 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.