Clothes Pin Butterfly
2.5 years +
Flitter, flutter, butterfly! Send your love to mom this Mother’s Day on fluttery butterfly wings of love. This super simple craft is colorful and cheerful and is great for developing fine-motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and creativity.
Pipe cleaners (Optional)
Coffee filters or white tissue paper
- Let your child scribble or dot the coffee filter or tissue paper with their markers. Encourage them to use lots of different colours.
- Fill your spray bottle with water and assist your child to gently spray their coloured artwork. Watch the colours collide to make a beautiful watercolour.
- Allow time for the paper to dry, about 1 hour should be adequate.
- Scrunch the middle of the paper and gently pull on the ends to make the wings of the butterfly. Assist your child with this process.
- Let your child attach the clothes pin to the center of the paper and continue to spread out the wings.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half and bend into a V shape. Attach the pipe cleaner at the head of the clothes pin to make the antennae.
Increase the fun
Include the family and make multiple butterflies. Once you are finished you can pin all your beautiful bright butterflies to a tree in the backyard to make a kaleidoscope.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 28 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.