Math & Sciences
Slots of fun! By matching specific size items with their corresponding slots, your child will gain an understanding of shapes and sizes. They will also develop essential skills such as palmar grasp, object permanence, and hand-eye coordination.
- A variety of recycled containers with removable lid (e.g., coffee can, laundry pod tub, peanut butter tub, shoe box)
- Items to slot (e.g., playing cards, beverage coasters, buttons, etc.)
- Stickers (Optional)
- Sharp knife
Set up the container(s)
- Carefully cut one or multiple openings in the lids of the containers. The slot(s) should be long and wide enough for item(s) to fit through. Try making different size slots in the lid.
- Gather an assortment of items which can fit between the slot. Aim to use thin items which are not too large (e.g., playing cards, beverage coasters, buttons, etc.).
- Feel free to put stickers on items as an additional feature for your child to visually identify items.
- Present your child with the various items to slot and allow them to figure out for themselves what items match the specific slots for each container.
- Once all the items have been slotted, assist your child to open the container and remove the items.
- If your child is struggling to grasp the concept, try demonstrating with each item.
CHOKING HAZARD Be careful of small items (e.g. buttons) as young children tend to investigate by placing such items in their mouth. Constant supervision is required.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 28 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.