Cotton Ball Painting – Valentine’s Day
Will you be my Valentine? This activity is a fun way to express some Valentine’s Day love. Your child will have an opportunity to be creative and develop their pincer grasp and hand-eye coordination.
Cardboard (The back of a cereal box works great!)
Paper plate or plastic tray for paint
Washable, non-toxic paint
Prepare the paint materials
- Pour each paint colour in separate areas of the paper plate. Try to avoid mixing the paint colours on the plate.
- Clip the clothespin to a cotton ball. This will be used to apply the colour. Prepare a clothespin and cotton ball for each colour.
Prepare the canvas
- Layer the painter’s tape on a smooth table until you form a rectangle approximate 6″x8″.
- Using a pencil, draw a heart on the painter’s tape.
- Slowly peel the rectangle off the table and cut out the heart.
- Apply the sticky heart in the centre of the cardboard.
- Have your child take the clothespin and blot the paint colour onto the cotton ball.
- Paint the canvas by blotting various colours around the edge of the heart. Your child may choose to experiment by swooshing the cotton ball as an alternative method of application.
- Feel free to paint all areas of the cardboard to add more artistic flair and colour to your painting.
4. Continue until all the edges of the heart have been covered.
Write a special Valentine’s Day message
- Once the paint is dry to the touch, remove the sticky heart from the canvas.
- Let the paint fully dry.
- Write a special message inside the heart by discussing with your child who they want to gift the art piece to, and what they would like to say to their special Valentine!
We would love to meet you
We currently have 35 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.