Math & Sciences
6 years +
A simple approach to learning numbers. This versatile activity can be used to improve number recognition, counting skills and teach simple math.
- 20 popsicle sticks (coloured optional)
- Black marker
- Container or zip lock bag
Number the end of each popsicle stick. Start at 0 and number each stick in increments of 5 all the way to 100.
Time for Counting
- Mix up your sticks in a container or zip lock bag.
- Empty the sticks out and ask your child to line them up in order from 0 to 100, i.e. 0, 5, 10, 15, etc.
- Be creative with your counting, e.g. count backwards from 50 to 0, or count up using only the sticks with the number 5.
Increase the Fun
Introduce smaller number counting sticks, e.g. 2, 3, 4, etc.
Start introducing simple math equations using the counting sticks, e.g. “Number 5 stick + number 10 stick =?”
We would love to meet you
We currently have 28 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.