Egg Carton Garden
2.5 – 6 years
Hello Spring! This colorful activity will brighten up your home just in time for spring and will leave your child with a sense of accomplishment and achievement.
- Cardboard egg carton
- Variety of coloured cardstock or construction paper
- 10 popsicle sticks
- Variety of small colourful buttons
- Green tempera paint
- Paint brush
- Glue gun or regular glue
- Pen or pencil
Create your garden
- Cut the lid off the egg carton.
- Paint the egg carton and popsicle sticks. Leave to dry.
- Draw flowers on the cardstock and cut them out.
- Draw leaves on the green cardstock and cut them out.
- Glue buttons to the centre of the flowers with petals (optional).
- Glue the flowers to the top of the popsicle sticks and glue the leaves to the middle of the popsicle sticks.
- Pierce small holes in each of the egg carton cones and insert the flowers into the holes. If unsteady, apply some glue to keep them in place.
- Arrange the flowers in any order you’d like and place them on display for the whole family to enjoy.
Increase the fun
Why not create a micro garden?
- Pierce small holes in the bottom of each section in the egg carton for drainage.
- Fill each section with compost and plant some seeds.
- Situate the micro garden near a window with access to sunlight.
- Water the seeds using a small sponge.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.