Find My Colour Match
Language & Literacy
Match the colours! Introduce your child to the wonderful world of colour. This activity will help your child identify and understand the concept of basic colours.
- Coloured construction paper
- Colourful items, e.g. small toys, balls, letters, and building blocks
- Medium to large container
- Pen, pencil, or crayon
- Sticky tape
- Using 4 to 6 pieces of coloured construction paper, write the name of the colour on each sheet of paper.
- Fill your container with items of various shapes, sizes, and textures that match the colours of paper.
- Encourage your child to pick out items from the container and place them on the matching coloured paper.
- If your child makes a mistake, e.g. placing a blue ball on the red paper, do not correct them, simply give them the item back and let them try again.
- Experiment with different paper colours and items. Use this opportunity to talk about how colours can come in different shades but still be similar.
Increase the fun
Hide various colourful items around the house and ask your child to hunt for them and match them with the correct paper colour.
For older children, write the name of a colour on different paper colours, e.g. write the word ‘RED’ on yellow paper. Ask your child to match the coloured items with the word rather than the colour of the paper.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.