Handprint Fish Puppets
Puppet play. Enjoy watching your child create a puppet of their own design and bringing it to life. This activity helps develop fine-motor skills and is great for promoting imaginative play.
Rhinestones, beads, buttons, or sequins
Googly eyes (or draw an eye on a piece of paper and cut out)
Pen or pencil
- Assist your child to trace out their handprint on cardstock and then carefully cut out the fish puppet shape. Make as many fish puppets as you would like using a variety of coloured cardstock.
- Glue one googly eye to your fish puppet, this should go at the base of the thumb.
- Cut and glue some lips for your fish puppet, these should go at the wrist.
- Decorate your fish puppet by gluing on rhinestones or other decorative materials.
- Affix a popsicle stick to the back of your fish puppet; this should go at the centre of the shape with enough popsicle stick hanging down for your child to hold. Allow about 30 minutes for the glue to set.
Increase the fun
Create a story using your fish puppets and put on a puppet show for the whole family to enjoy.
At Learning Jungle, we believe all children are capable, confident and full of potential. Co-learning empowers your child to take initiative. Encouraging child participation and engaging in open-ended, thought-provoking conversation throughout play is important for healthy child development.
Conversations with your child
- Can you trace around your hand?
- How many fish puppets should we make?
- What will you use to decorate your fish puppet?
- Only use a small drop of glue!
- Would you like to have a puppet show?
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.