Ages: 18 months +
Strike! Bring the fun of the bowling alley into your home. This activity provides hours of endless fun and is great for promoting healthy competition. Your child will develop an array of skills such as counting, patience and balance.
- 6 to 10 recycled water or soda bottles (1.25L or 2L work best)
- Masking tape
- Coloured pens (Optional)
- Non-toxic paint and paint brushes (Optional)
- Soccer ball, soft-ball, or tennis ball
Creating the pins
- Make pins using recycled 1.25L to 2L water or soda bottles. Aim to have 10 pins, however, 6 is also appropriate.
- Allow your child to decorate the pins in whichever way they please.
- Create a lane using masking tape about 1.5 to 2 metres wide. Lane length will be determined by the size of the area in your home.
- Slightly fill the pins with water to prevent them from toppling over too easily.
- For younger children, get creative and add barriers to your lane using books, broom handles or other household items.
- Set-up the pins in a triangle formation and ask your child to help reset the pins after each game.
- Take turns knocking down the pins. Encourage your child to try different bowling approaches, (e.g. underarm roll, using their opposite hand, or using both hands).
- Keep a tally of the points.
- For older children, increase the difficulty of the game by using a soft-ball or tennis ball.
- For young infants, use a soccer ball. Sit behind your child to keep them propped up and assist them to roll the soccer ball down the lane.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 35 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.