Magic Milk Experiment
Math & Science
Ages: 2.5-4 years
Make your colours move! This a great interactive activity that will help build skills like observing, noticing detail, predicting, hypothesizing and critical thinking. In addition, children can practice math concepts (i.e. comparing, measuring, data collection, problem solving and so much more) – all while having fun!
- Homogenized milk
- Liquid food colouring
- Dish soap
- Cotton swabs
- Shallow pan
Observe each step with your child.
Set-up your experiment
- Pour a thin layer of milk into a shallow pan.
- Drop a few drops of food colouring all around the milk.
Time to watch the magic!
- Dip a cotton swab into the dish soap.
- Put the soapy end of the cotton swab into the milk, press it down and hold for 15 seconds.
- Repeat in different areas of the dish and watch the magic!
We would love to meet you
We currently have 28 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.