Jump into learning! This activity is a great workout for the body and brain. Your child will improve their number skills, while developing lower-leg strength, balance, and coordination.
- Use chalk to make a grid on the floor. There should be a total of 12 boxes which make up the grid – 4 boxes across and 3 boxes down.
- Make the boxes large enough so that 2 children can comfortably stand inside.
- Each box must contain a number. Aim to use a variety of odd and even, single and double-digit numbers.
Time to play
1 to 2 children can participate in this activity.
- Begin by calling out simple math equations, e.g. 3 + 3 =… Allow your child some time to think before jumping into the correct answer square.
- You can also ask your child to identify “only the even numbers”, for example, by jumping into each of the even number squares in a sequence.
- Be creative with your instructions and increase or decrease the complexity of the equations based on your child’s age and ability.
- Your child should jump with both feet and land fully inside a square.
- Add some healthy competition by inviting a friend or sibling to join the activity.
SAFETY FIRST – To prevent slipping, children should always wear shoes when participating in this activity.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 28 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.