Math & Science
18 months – 4 years
Marvelous moon sand. Moon sand provides a soothing sensory experience and will stretch a child’s imagination. Moulding, sifting and scooping the sand is also great for developing hand and arm muscles.
- 8 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of baby oil (alternatively use vegetable oil)
- Large mixing bowl
- Large tray or bin
- Toys, letters or shapes (optional)
- Combine the flour and oil in the mixing bowl.
- Mix with a spatula until saturation. Add more flour or oil as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Empty the moon sand onto a large tray or bin.
- Enjoy playing with the sand by moulding shapes, then breaking it down to its original crumbly texture. Incorporate toys and shapes to play with in the sand.
Increase the Fun
- A splash of colour – Add some colour to the moon sand with a few drops of food colouring or powdered tempera paint.
- Excavation fun – Bury small toys and objects in the moon sand and search for them.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 35 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.