Ages: 2 years +
Walking and weaving! Nature weaving combines creativity and the great outdoors. Your child will develop an array of physical and cognitive skills while participating in this ancient art form.
- 4 twigs/sticks of similar size
- Natural materials, min. 4″ in length (e.g., leaves, flowers, feathers, grass, etc.)
- Yarn or string
Start by going for a nature walk and collecting twigs and natural materials.
Build your frame
- Begin by cutting 4 pieces of yarn (6″)
- Attach the sticks together to form a square frame by winding the yarn around each corner and making a knot.
Create your weave
- Tie a piece of yarn on the top right corner and begin winding the yarn from right to left leaving a one inch space between each end as you zig-zag down the frame. Keep in mind that the yarn length required will depend on the size of your frame.
- Secure the yarn once you reach the bottom.
Create your art work
- Assist your child in weaving natural materials up and down through the yarn weave.
- Continue until all the natural materials have filled the weave.
- Feel free to re-arrange the natural materials as you create your art work.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 28 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.