Hockey time! This activity will stir up excitement and is great for developing your child’s spatial awareness and cognitive development.
- 2 pool noodles (Hockey sticks)
- Small soft ball (Puck)
- 2 medium size carboard boxes (Goals)
- Find an open area that will allow freedom of movement during this activity.
- Place an open cardboard box on either side of the room. You can also use furniture or household items to make goal posts.
- Encourage your child to use his/her noodle to win the ball and score points.
SAFETY FIRST – Always check the room to make sure sharp objects and harmful items are put away (i.e. cords from lamps, glass objects on tables, loose items that may fall or topple over, etc.).
At Learning Jungle, we believe all children are capable, confident and full of potential. Co-learning empowers your child to take initiative. Encouraging child participation and engaging in open-ended, thought-provoking conversation throughout play is important for healthy child development.
Conversations with your child
- Use your stick to retrieve the ball
- How many points can you score?
- Try and shoot
- You can do it!
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.