Paint with Foil
Ages: 2.5-4 years
Art-tastic! It’s time to paint with foil. Using a variety of ways to apply paint on different surfaces will introduce your child to the physical qualities of various materials and help them differentiate between light and heavy touch. This easy to set-up activity will develop your child’s sense of touch and fine-motor skills, while fostering creativity.
- Newspaper/garbage bags (to protect workstation)
- One sheet of aluminum foil
- Watercolours or finger paint
- Paint brushes (if unavailable, try cotton swabs, sponges, cotton balls, old toothbrush, feathers and other textures around the home)
- Stickers (Optional)
- Protect your workstation by covering with newspaper or garbage bags.
- Prepare paint colours and brushes into separate bowls.
- Tape down the aluminum foil sheet to prevent it from moving around.
- Encourage your child to apply the paint using the different painting tools
- Apply stickers to the artwork. (Optional)
Increase the fun
Encourage your child to apply the paint using their fingers.
Place shapes/objects on the foil and allow your child to paint around them. Remove the shape/object to reveal the outline.
At Learning Jungle, we believe all children are capable, confident and full of potential. Co-learning empowers your child to take initiative. Encouraging child participation and engaging in open-ended, thought-provoking conversation throughout play is important for healthy child development.
Conversations with your child
- Encourage your child to mix the colours on the foil.
- Try pressing down harder/softer with your painting tool.
- What changes do we see on the foil when we use a different type of brush?
- What happens when we paint overtop another colour?
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.