Paint with Foil
Ages: 2.5-4 years
Art-tastic! It’s time to paint with foil. Using a variety of ways to apply paint on different surfaces will introduce your child to the physical qualities of various materials and help them differentiate between light and heavy touch. This easy to set-up activity will develop your child’s sense of touch and fine-motor skills, while fostering creativity.
- Newspaper/garbage bags (to protect workstation)
- One sheet of aluminum foil
- Watercolours or finger paint
- Paint brushes (if unavailable, try cotton swabs, sponges, cotton balls, old toothbrush, feathers and other textures around the home)
- Stickers (Optional)
- Protect your workstation by covering with newspaper or garbage bags.
- Prepare paint colours and brushes into separate bowls.
- Tape down the aluminum foil sheet to prevent it from moving around.
- Encourage your child to apply the paint using the different painting tools
- Apply stickers to the artwork. (Optional)
Increase the fun
Encourage your child to apply the paint using their fingers.
Place shapes/objects on the foil and allow your child to paint around them. Remove the shape/object to reveal the outline.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.