Paper Easter Egg
Ages: 2.5-6 years
Easter is just around the corner. Brighten up your walls by creating some Easter egg artwork. This fun and simple activity brings out the creativity in your child. Teach your child about shapes, positive and negative space and mixing colours. When you’re done painting, why not have an Easter egg hunt?
- Table cloth or large tray
- Sketch paper or Cardstock
- Masking tape
- Pastels or Finger paint
- Use a table cloth or large tray to protect your table surface.
- Cut your paper into an egg shape. As a variation, try cutting the paper egg into different sizes.
- Place the egg on the table/tray and tape across the paper egg, extending the tape beyond the paper to secure on the table/tray. Get creative by placing some strips of masking tape on an angle. Repeat a few times to form a cross-hatch pattern.
- Have your child colour the open sections of the paper egg.
- Once all the sections have been coloured, slowly remove the masking tape. (If using finger paint, wait for the paint to dry before removing the tape.)
Increase the fun with an Easter egg hunt
After painting a few paper eggs use them for a Paper Easter Egg hunt!
Roll up some tape behind each egg and stick them on the walls or furniture around the house. Have your child find all the paper eggs and ask them to count each egg as they collect them.
At Learning Jungle, we believe all children are capable, confident and full of potential. Co-learning empowers your child to take initiative. Encouraging child participation and engaging in open-ended, thought-provoking conversation throughout play is important for healthy child development.
Conversations with your child
- How many colours should we use?
- How many strips of masking tape do we need?
- What direction should we place the tape?
- Try painting on the masking tape. Does it feel different?
- What happened when we removed the tape?
- What shapes do you see in the egg?
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.