Pom Pom Whisk
0 – 30 months
Where there’s a whisk there’s a way. This simple activity introduces children to ‘problem solving’ and will strengthen hand muscles through repeated pincer and palmer grasp.
- Assorted colour pom poms
- Wire or plastic kitchen whisk
Other optional materials
- Pipe cleaners
Set up the environment
- Insert pom poms or other small plush materials inside the whisk; allow your child to retrieve the pom poms using their fingers.
- Observe as they learn to steady the whisk with one hand while pulling the pom poms out with the other.
- Optional: Separate the pom poms into piles by colour, or practice counting as each pom pom is removed.
Increase the fun
- Cut a piece of string or yarn approx. 24”.
- Tie one end to the whisk handle.
- Loosely thread the opposite end through the spokes of the whisk in multiple directions.
- Unwind the string until it is completely unravelled.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 35 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.