2.5 – 6 years
Math and Movement. This activity is a great workout for the body and brain. Your child will improve their number skills, while developing lower-leg strength, balance and coordination.
- Blue construction paper
- Black marker
- Masking tape or small rocks (optional)
Set up the environment
- Cut out 10 puddle shapes from the blue construction paper.
- Ensure the puddles are large enough for a child to stand on with both feet.
- Give each puddle a number from 1 through 10.
- Lay the puddles flat on the ground and secure with masking tape or small rocks.
How to Play
The goal is to improve math skills and get active at the same time.
- Jump on each puddle, from 1 through 10. Call out the number before each jump.
- Increase the complexity by asking your child to identify “only the even numbers”.
- For older children, call out simple math equations, e.g., 3 + 3 =… Allow time to think before jumping. Ensure the answer to the math equation is close enough to reach.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 35 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.