Scissor Skills & Mosaic Art
Open, shut, open, shut. That’s the way we cut, cut, cut! Watch your child cultivate their fine-motor skills and hand-eye coordination, while they explore their natural curiosity to cut different materials and shapes.
- Old newspapers and magazines.
- Construction paper or Cardboard
- Felt, ribbon, straws, etc.
- Coloured pens/pencils
- Ruler or Straight edge
- Different shape objects (e.g. bowls, lids)
- Scissors (child-safe)
- Glue (optional)
- Encourage your child to draw straight lines and shapes on a variety of materials.
- Trace around small bowls and other objects to create outlined shapes.
- Let your child guide the scissors to cut through and around the lines as neatly as possible.
Create your artwork
- Try to arrange in an organic form or use the colours of the cut-out shapes to design recognizable objects or images (e.g. face, car, boat, flower, etc.).
- Glue down the cut shapes on a piece of construction paper.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 28 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.