Shake It Out
Shake and Shimmy! This energizing activity is guaranteed to promote giggles and aerobic exercise. Your child will have the ability to experiment with whole-body movements including, jumping, shaking, and wiggling to release the balls.
- Empty tissue box
- 8 to 12 table tennis balls (use rolled up paper in the absence of table tennis balls).
- String, ribbon, or elastic
- Sticky tape
- Remove the plastic lining at the opening of the tissue box.
- Puncture two holes at the bottom of the tissue box on either side and weave through the string or ribbon.
- Reinforce the cut edges with sticky tape to keep the tissue box intact while the activity is in progress.
Time to Play
- Fasten the string around your child’s waist with the tissue box positioned at the centre of their lower back.
- Fill the box with 8 to 12 table tennis or paper balls.
- When you say “Go”, motion your child to shake their hips, wiggle, and jump up and down to release the balls
- Refrain from using hands and cheer them on until the last ball is released from the tissue box.
Increase the fun
Add some healthy competition by inviting friends or siblings to compete against each other.
Set a timer and challenge your child to release the balls faster.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.