Shapes and Colours
Cut, colour and thread. Develop your child’s problem-solving skills and ability to recognise patterns by cutting, colouring, and threading a variety of shapes.
- Construction paper or felt
- Coloured pens, pencils, or crayons
- Bowls or cups to store shapes
- String, yarn, or shoelace
- Child safe scissors
- Hole punch
- Prep the activity by cutting a variety of shapes from your paper or felt. Encourage your child to help with the cutting process if possible.
- Provide your child with shape and colour options while allowing them to designate colours to different shapes, e.g. green triangle, orange square.
- Punch a small hole at the center of the shapes for the string to pass through.
- Allow your child to choose a pattern. Start simple, e.g. green triangle, orange square, yellow heart. Repeat the pattern until the string is full.
- Create as many different patterns as possible. Assist your child by only intervening to correct and explain when the pattern is broken.
Increase the fun
- Extend the length of the string and quantity of shapes.
- Invent new shapes and apply multiple colours to make the patterns more exuberant.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.