Homemade Snow Globe
Let it snow. Watch a wintery scene come to life with a homemade snow globe. This activity will ignite your child’s curiosity and provides a calming sensory experience.
- Mason jar (recommended size – 2 cups)
- Glue gun or regular glue
- 1/4 cup clear glue
- Fake snow (optional)
- Decorative holiday-inspired items e.g. small ornaments, toy figures, a waterproof photo (optional)
- Securely glue your decorative items to the inside of the mason jar lid. Let dry for at least 1 hour. Read the glue instructions as a longer drying time may be required.
- Fill the jar with water and add 1/4 cup of clear glue (adjust amount depending on size of your jar); this will thicken the water and cause the glitter to fall slowly when you shake the snow globe.
- Mix in some glitter and fake snow and tightly screw on the lid with your attached decorative item.
- Give your snow globe a shake and watch as the glitter swirls and falls.
Safety First – Adult supervision is required when children are using hot glue guns or super glue.
Increase your creativity
Create a holiday display with other ornaments and holiday figurines around the home.
At Learning Jungle, we believe all children are capable, confident and full of potential. Co-learning empowers your child to take initiative. Encouraging child participation and engaging in open-ended, thought-provoking conversation throughout play is important for healthy child development.
Conversations with your child
- What would you like to put inside your snow globe?
- Can you help glue the figure to the lid?
- Make sure the lid is on really tight!
- Why do you think we are adding clear glue?
- What do you think will happen when you shake your snow globe?
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.