Spider Web Basket
Watch out for the spider! This activity is great for promoting imaginative play and offers a sense of excitement. By tackling the spiders web your child will develop their hand-eye coordination, palmar grasp, and problem-solving skills.
- Laundry basket
- White string or yarn
- Small toys
- Toy spider (Optional)
- Thread the sting through the holes in the laundry basket and secure.
- Keep the string close to the top of the basket, weaving in multiple directions.
- Allow enough space for your child’s hand to fit through the gaps in the string.
- Add small toys to the basket and encourage your child to pick out these items by maneuvering through the string.
- Pretend the spider is asleep and your child must retrieve the items without waking it up.
Tips to increase the fun:
- Use a deeper basket and decrease the gaps in the string.
- Add smaller or larger items to be picked out.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 35 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.