Ages: 4-6 years
Create amazing symmetry art! Introduce your child to the world of symmetry with this fun and creative art project. String Art will instill such skills as patience, planning and observation, which are fundamental through your child’s journey in life.
- Newspaper/garbage bags (to protect workstation)
- Plain paper or construction paper
- Non-toxic paint (3-4 colours)
- Protect your workstation by covering with newspaper or garbage bags.
- Encourage your child to help with the preparation and clean-up of the activity.
- Prepare your paint colours into separate bowls.
- Cut several pieces of string, about 70 cm.
- Fold your paper in half like a birthday card, open it and set it aside.
Start dipping your string
- Dip different parts of your string into the different paint colours. Leave some string paint-free to hold.
- Place the painted part of the string on the paper making a fun pattern (e.g. spiral).
Create the artwork
- Fold the opposite half of the paper over and gently press down on the string. Quickly pull the string out from between the paper.
- Open the paper and admire the symmetrical artwork you created.
Show off your amazing artwork to siblings and grandparents by preserving it in a nice frame.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.