Easter Egg Suncatcher
18 months – 4 years
Wishing you an egg–cellent Easter! Get the family into the Easter spirit with an Easter egg suncatcher. This activity is perfect for introducing your child to patterns, design and colour mixing.
- Clear contact paper
- Variety of tissue paper – blue, pink, yellow and purple
- Black marker
- Sticky tape
- Cut the sheets of tissue paper into small 1″ tiles.
- Cut a piece of contact paper (approx. 8.5″ x 11″) and remove the plastic film. Lay the paper down flat, ensuring the sticky side of the contact paper is facing up.
- Place the tiles firmly onto the contact paper. You can choose to create colourful patters or designs; don’t worry if the tiles overlap, this will add depth to the colours.
- Cut another piece of contact paper and place it over the tiles. Carefully lay the contact paper (sticky side down) smoothing out the air bubbles as you go.
- Draw an egg on the contact paper and cut it out; make your egg as small or large as you please.
- Affix your egg to a window and watch as the sun penetrates each of the colours bringing them to life.
Increase the fun
Try swapping out your tissue paper for other colourful materials, some fun options include:
- Coloured cellophane
- Tempera paint
- Water beads
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.