Bean Bag Tic-Tac-Toe
Math & Sciences
Still a classic! This timeless game contributes to children’s developmental growth in numerous ways, including their understanding of predictability, problem solving, hand-eye coordination, turn taking and strategizing.
- Masking tape
- 10 bean bags
- Stickers (optional)
For homemade bean bags simply fill zip lock bags with flour, rice, beans, or salt. Another option is to use rolled up socks!
Set up the game
- Make a tic-tac-toe grid on the floor with tape. There should be 9 squares in this grid.
- Increase or decrease the size of the grid to suit your child’s age and ability.
- Mark out a throwing line at any distance from the grid.
- Mark five bean bags with an X and five with an O using the masking tape. You can also identify using stickers (optional).
- Take turns at tossing the bean bags at the grid. The first person who manages to get 3 bean bags in a row, either vertically, horizontally or diagonally wins the game.
We would love to meet you
We currently have 51 locations in 5 countries. Our child care facilities offer tours throughout the year.
We invite you to visit a location near you.